Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3
New Tourney Discussions - Printable Version

+- Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 (http://www.chapter-3.net/thps3/v2)
+-- Forum: Competitions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=184)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (/forumdisplay.php?fid=186)
+--- Thread: New Tourney Discussions (/showthread.php?tid=1908)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

Re: Ctf tourney? I vote aye! - Esk8 - 08-05-2011 20:10

Alright so here's the deal. I too would like a good ctf tourney, and in fact if we have enough good ideas I'll organize one. But it would have to obviously be different from the past ones lately as they've sucked. (Most because people don't show up.) So if you have any ideas at all feel free to post them here.

My opinion towards the skill idea: the problem is that if you pair teams that way you end up with weak players together and strong players together. That's really unfair (but so is choosing who you want to be with, of course, but that's the traditional way and I'm not against it). You could also sign up separately and make the teams random, but that would be pretty unfair too.

In terms of levels, some kind of rotation would be nice (with ap in between of course) between rounds.

For people not showing up, honestly I have no idea. This always happens no matter what we do but it's gotten worse lately.

Re: Ctf tourney? I vote aye! - krea - 08-05-2011 21:16

i think we should firstly just let ppl sign up. and then make 2 lists

first list with rly good players.
second list with not that good players.

that should be doable for someone being active in the game and on ch3.

then ofc the best teams up with the worst and the second best with the second worst etc.. some mid skill players might be left and can play together and everythingwill be fine.

now i would actually set a fixed date sth like every sunday evening 21:00 is ctf time for the next 4weeks. if someone cant play on sunday the teams got monday - saturday to do it on their own. if they dont they will be disqualified.

Re: Ctf tourney? I vote aye! - Esk8 - 08-05-2011 22:00

I may be in the minority but I really dislike the idea of ranking people's skills. That only leads to drama. Nobody wants to be "judged" that way. And whoever would be in charge of ranking them could be accused to making teams in people's favors etc. Plus part of the fun of playing a team tourney is having fun with your teammates/friends, so I don't know. I'm open to a different way of choosing teams but personally don't think judging people's skill is a good thing.

Re: Ctf tourney? I vote aye! - Day - 08-05-2011 22:15

Esk8 Wrote:I may be in the minority but I really dislike the idea of ranking people's skills. That only leads to drama. Nobody wants to be "judged" that way. And whoever would be in charge of ranking them could be accused to making teams in people's favors etc. Plus part of the fun of playing a team tourney is having fun with your teammates/friends, so I don't know. I'm open to a different way of choosing teams but personally don't think judging people's skill is a good thing.
How about we try to trust this community ONE time.
Good players feel free enough to choose some players they didnt played with before and where he can think that the player could learn something from him.
I mean wh trying to win all the time?! Why not having fun with some other player - or just having the experience.
And now maybe some "lower" players want to play with pros and fight. I hope this wont happen... but yeh i mean its a bit sad everytime kinda same teams kinda ppl who allready feel loosing before even playing.
To be honest, back in time i allways wanted to play with the best. Or just wanted to get a good player. But now i feel like maybe playing with nice guys - like naiz (kinda new but cool) or playing with tedji or Seph or goof ... There are so much cool but not AWESOME players.
And i mean we kinda all are "old" guys.
Is it really so necessary to win? For some it might be for some not. And tbh this game is a bit rusty less player every year and now at this time with about 50 known active players, we know each other skill - we know how good wild or Blind is. We DONT NEED ANY PROV. Finaly only 1 team will win. And if so much ppl hoped to win they might be dissapointed or are pissed off bcus of laggs - or they use it as an excuse. I think this would change with my system.

Also might be interesting to see wild play with kev (Example). I also mainly think that the team physic would be more important then. If there are like 2 awesome players in one team like for example lyst and ownish they dont really need any teamwork - both are strong enough to deal with there thing.

SO PLEASE PPL -> HAVE FUN AND BE HONEST TO YOURSELFS!

PS: Kinda influenced trough sad music.

Re: Ctf tourney? I vote aye! - Nevermind - 08-05-2011 23:49

its like mid-skilled+mid-skilled will always win vs very-skilled+less-skilled.cuz your still havin team work but if its very+less skilled one will do everything and otherone doing nothing

Re: Ctf tourney? I vote aye! - krea - 08-06-2011 17:31

Quote:its like mid-skilled+mid-skilled will always win vs very-skilled+less-skilled.cuz your still havin team work but if its very+less skilled one will do everything and otherone doing nothing

i actually dont think that we have a total noob on ch3 everyone here knows basically how to play ctf and i doubt that anyone registered here would chase their own flag.

Re: Ctf tourney? I vote aye! - Nevermind - 08-06-2011 17:44

so id say there is everyone normal skilled and 2-3 feaks wich are very skilled, so you cant distribute them if you got like 32 ppl

Re: Ctf tourney? I vote aye! - shin - 08-06-2011 18:49

I'm in Original

Re: Ctf tourney? I vote aye! - uL0v3mE - 08-06-2011 18:54

sounds vry strange ..

so sign me up Tongue

Re: Ctf tourney? I vote aye! - schrik - 08-06-2011 20:08

i am IN, i like CTF games the most
Well i want to play tourney for fun, i wanna play with ESK :Laugh