Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3
New Tourney Discussions - Printable Version

+- Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 (http://www.chapter-3.net/thps3/v2)
+-- Forum: Competitions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=184)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (/forumdisplay.php?fid=186)
+--- Thread: New Tourney Discussions (/showthread.php?tid=1908)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41

Re: Ctf tourney? I vote aye! - Lyst - 08-07-2011 10:59

I hate playing CTF in a team with people who aren't on the same level.
Plus the most important thing is to come up with something that will get all players to play, because during the past 5 years pretty much every 2vs2 tournament failed.

Re: Ctf tourney? I vote aye! - shin - 08-07-2011 11:28

lyst Wrote:I hate playing CTF in a team with people who aren't on the same level.
Plus the most important thing is to come up with something that will get all players to play, because during the past 5 years pretty much every 2vs2 tournament failed.

Wanna be with me?Laugh

Re: Ctf tourney? I vote aye! - bluey - 08-07-2011 21:28

shin Wrote:
lyst Wrote:I hate playing CTF in a team with people who aren't on the same level.

Wanna be with me?Laugh

You don't have the same level than Lyst ! (santa)

Re: Ctf tourney? I vote aye! - Ownish - 08-07-2011 21:50

+1

Re: Ctf tourney? I vote aye! - shin - 08-07-2011 22:02

blueman Wrote:
shin Wrote:

Wanna be with me?Laugh

You don't have the same level than Lyst ! (santa)

There aren't players on my level ^_^ but I can't play alone so I choose a bad one :mrgreen:

Re: Ctf tourney? I vote aye! - Esk8 - 08-09-2011 08:05

Okay so after thinking about it for a while I have a few ideas (btw I won't make it until the cz tourney is over anyway so just tell me what you think, don't sign up in this thread ^^)

What I have in mind for teams is a little unconventional compared to the old tourneys. You can choose your teammate as usual though because judging people's skills will never work. I'm thinking of a longer, sports-like tourney. Basically this will work for any number of teams except 7, 11, 13, 17 etc any that cant be divided.
This will also be more fair than the normal 1 loss = death thing.
Basically:

You divide the teams up in equal groups (like 3 groups of 3 if 9, 3 groups of 4 if 12, etc) randomly, of course, and each team has to play the other teams in your group. Once they've done so the team(s? depends how many we have and how many rounds we want to have) with the most wins move on to the next round.

This ensures that even if the weakest team meets the best team they have a chance to move on if they win against the others too. At least until the semi finals or whatever.
We stretch the teams for however many rounds we want to have, maybe 3 + a grand final if we have enough teams, 2 + final if less.

Don't worry if this sounds complicated in just words, I'll make up a nice spreadsheet if we go that way.

Beyond that, matches will be the typical 2 out of 3 to secure a win.

For level usage, I'm not sure. Probably just team 1 choose first, team 2 choose second and third (if theres one) is AP.

As for XTC or no XTC honestly I don't know, we've had a huge debate last time about this and I don't even remember how it ended up.

For the no-showers I don't really know either except everyone will need to post their exact time zone when signing up, and I'm thinking maybe of using a two-strike rule, if you don't show up once okay (since shit happens after all) but second time you're disqualified.

Anyways let me know what you think guys. I'd probably make a poll about this before starting it too.

Re: Ctf tourney? I vote aye! - Lyst - 08-09-2011 08:39

Adding more matches is not exactly solving the problem of people not playing their matches.You can try it with a 1-day CTF-tournament with at least 3 reserve teams. That could work, but the longer a tournament will take, the bigger the chance it'll never finish.

Re: Ctf tourney? I vote aye! - shin - 08-09-2011 08:39

I'm fan of 1 day ctf tour on AP. Just choose a date and ppl who can play- will sign up. Also we could make a few tourneys like that- like slap tourneys. Generally we are such a small community and ctf tours will never completely.

edit:
buahahaha Me and Lyst thought about 1 day ctf tour in the same time ;d

Re: Ctf tourney? I vote aye! - Esk8 - 08-09-2011 09:19

Well the whole longer tourney idea wasn't anything to do with people playing or not playing their matches. It was just a way to make a tourney more interesting as well as more fair for players of different skills.

Re: Ctf tourney? I vote aye! - Lyst - 08-10-2011 09:08

shin Wrote:I'm fan of 1 day ctf tour on AP. Just choose a date and ppl who can play- will sign up. Also we could make a few tourneys like that- like slap tourneys. Generally we are such a small community and ctf tours will never completely.

edit:
buahahaha Me and Lyst thought about 1 day ctf tour in the same time ;d
Still I was first, like always (santa)

@Esk8, well I think you should care of that first, because nobody wants a fair tournament where barely anyone plays their matches.