Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3
Password Update - Printable Version

+- Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 (http://www.chapter-3.net/thps3/v2)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=182)
+--- Forum: News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=183)
+--- Thread: Password Update (/showthread.php?tid=3323)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Password Update - ReY - 05-21-2012 15:53

This message is mend for every thps3 player out there.

We decided to Re-introduce the Pro password given by the ‘’Testing team’’.
The reason we are Re-introducing the password is because the Very first pro passwords( ‘’to’’ and ‘’de’’) isn’t just for pro’s anymore. It’s a password everyone who is playing the game for about 2 months or less has. It’s the same reason we introduced it in the first place back in 2009.
Testing team includes:

Sick
Blind
Ryker
Rey
Love
Wild
Lyst
Ownish

If you want the password, you have to ask one of the players from the testing team to test you.

‘’n’’ stand’s for this new Pro Password. ‘’I am going to host with n’’ means you’re using this password.
For those who forgot the password, feel free to PM me, lyst or any other member of the testing team.

Lyst and Rey.

List of players:
<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.chapter-3.net/thps3/site/distribution/memberlist.php?mode=group&g=28">memberlist.php?mode=group&g=28</a><!-- l -->

Re: Password Update - shin - 05-22-2012 08:26

pm me the pw.

if i will install thps3 someday again, i want to play. yo.

Re: Password Update - Nihilism - 05-22-2012 10:02

^I'm with shin.

Re: Password Update - LovEu2 - 05-22-2012 14:05

Rey doesn't say the testpassword got changed, he said it was being re-introduced.
He just feels like the password isn't being used enough, so this topic is just to remind people about the whole testing thing.
So we're keeping the last one!

Re: Password Update - stof - 05-22-2012 18:27

it must be the n-word southpark censores. I wonder what that is?
Chef drives nuts when someone says it

Re: Password Update - plum - 05-22-2012 21:49

Passwords should be given to trusted people, not to people who pass some test. How can you guarantee that it won't be leaked again?

From my perspective I don't see any point of hosting with this pw. For some time I find it very hard to fill my servers. I play thps3 maybe once a month, but when I host with known passwords no one joins anyway. I also don't think playing with only one or two tested people is funny. I like when there are many people in my servers. I can always spend 1 second of my live and kick annoying people.

I don't like elitism. The most popular passwords were made public years ago by the people who created them. You were never guaranteed any secrecy. Maybe our community should be more helpful towards newbies. If you want to make great effort test people, maybe you should teach other players or make some tutorials instead.

Re: Password Update - plum - 05-22-2012 21:58

stof Wrote:it must be the n-word southpark censores. I wonder what that is?
Chef drives nuts when someone says it
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pM7e4GnMgzU&feature=related">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pM7e4GnM ... re=related</a><!-- m --> :lol:

Re: Password Update - wild786 - 05-22-2012 23:03

plum Wrote:Passwords should be given to trusted people, not to people who pass some test. How can you guarantee that it won't be leaked again?

From my perspective I don't see any point of hosting with this pw. For some time I find it very hard to fill my servers. I play thps3 maybe once a month, but when I host with known passwords no one joins anyway. I also don't think playing with only one or two tested people is funny. I like when there are many people in my servers. I can always spend 1 second of my live and kick annoying people.

I don't like elitism. The most popular passwords were made public years ago by the people who created them. You were never guaranteed any secrecy. Maybe our community should be more helpful towards newbies. If you want to make great effort test people, maybe you should teach other players or make some tutorials instead.
well i get bored easily when games aren't challenging enough, so i want to play with more skilled players and it isn't elitism. if someone makes a pw so that they can only play with their friends then is that elitism? the criterion is to be a friend, and the criterion of this pw is not to play boringly for other players who have this pw. there is no difference really.

its not like we're any authority don't use this pw if u don't want to, if a person were trustworthy but posed no challenge in a game i wouldn't play with him/her very long. so in my opinion pw should be given to skilled players. although being trustworthy is a likable quality, there is no test for it. ppl used to trust shin but he leaked pw pretty easily

Re: Password Update - Esk8 - 05-22-2012 23:52

I don't remember the pw, PM me please.

Re: Password Update - plum - 05-23-2012 01:26

wild786 Wrote:
plum Wrote:Passwords should be given to trusted people, not to people who pass some test. How can you guarantee that it won't be leaked again?

well i get bored easily when games aren't challenging enough, so i want to play with more skilled players and it isn't elitism. if someone makes a pw so that they can only play with their friends then is that elitism? the criterion is to be a friend, and the criterion of this pw is not to play boringly for other players who have this pw. there is no difference really.

its not like we're any authority don't use this pw if u don't want to, if a person were trustworthy but posed no challenge in a game i wouldn't play with him/her very long. so in my opinion pw should be given to skilled players. although being trustworthy is a likable quality, there is no test for it. ppl used to trust shin but he leaked pw pretty easily
Usually competitive games are prearranged (matches or practices) or arranged ad hoc using some dedicated lobbies etc. This password despite being here for a long time never gained traction. I had to type it maybe 2-3 times. If you want to use it, then use it, but most of people aren't bothered to do so. I believe using some instant messaging software or IRC channel to arrange or join such a games would work better. Alternatively you can participate in more tourneys Tongue