Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3
admins - Printable Version

+- Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 (http://www.chapter-3.net/thps3/v2)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=182)
+--- Forum: Players (/forumdisplay.php?fid=189)
+--- Thread: admins (/showthread.php?tid=3342)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Re: admins - Psycho - 06-18-2012 17:04

Todays admins abuse their powers.

Re: admins - Esk8 - 06-18-2012 20:01

Lalita has a point in that we 3 have different views, that never goes well.

Since this is the thread for everything, here's a summary of what I did since they put me admin and my thoughts on things. I started during the Great Day-Lalita Flamewar of '10 (or '11, I forget) Tongue

[list]After literally every thread becoming a flamewar between both, I ended up warning Lal and banning Day. I think Lyst banned Lalita a while before or after, don't remember exactly.[/list:u]

[list]Cleaned up bots two or three times a day until Lyst updated the forum software.[/list:u]

[list]Moved tons of threads to the proper categories.[/list:u]

[list]Added a bunch of groups for people's clans.[/list:u]

[list]Closed threads when they got out of hand.[/list:u]

[list]Warned a few other people when flamewars happened.[/list:u]

I think that's about it.

However, when I warned someone I always said that the 3 warn rule was pointless and to not panic when they get warned, it's just that, a "hey don't keep doing this" thing, not a "hey you're getting banned soon" thing. Yet people seemingly didn't understand this and sometimes came attacking and insulting me on IM. I didn't retaliate here, that would've been admin abuse.

Now here's my thoughts.

Deleting posts and threads has always been a no-no to me. If someone is being an idiot I'd rather everyone see why they've been punished. I don't think I've ever deleted anything. (other than spambots)

Like I said above, I think the three warn rule is stupid. If someone is attacking someone with "fucking nigger" or something like that, I'm not gonna wait 3 times to ban them. If someone is nice but gets 2 warnings for unrelated, not serious things then they don't necessarily deserve a ban after.

My conclusion and opinion: this forum might be a lost cause. People spend more time commenting on other people's posting, or backseat moderating than talking about the damn game or other stuff.
The small community and fact that everyone is a friend (or enemy I guess) makes it hard to manage. You can't ban troublemakers because suddenly your forum lost half its membership. You can't just sit there because then people fight.

I didn't particularly want to be admin, but Lyst needed one and there was a job to do. If there's anybody that Lyst wants admin and is active I will happily resign.

Re: admins - Lyst - 06-18-2012 20:21

Warns disappear automatically after, I think it is, 1 month. So with normal behaviour there is no way you'll never reach 3 warns within one month. So when you get a warn there is no need to worry at all. And those who deserve bans will get them soon enough. Maybe you guys should question your own behaviour, because I think none of us moderators is really strict. I don't know where the fuzz is all about either. Even if Rey warned you without it being valid, warns disappear automatically and with normal behaviour there is really nothing to worry about.

Besides I'm not that active at this forum anymore, so I like the fact that two other admins are active here. I don't care about rey being away for a while. What has that to do with his function as administrator anyway. I'll also add a rule saying that members shouldn't pretend to be a moderator. If you are unhappy with something happening, use the report button. Because this he should get a warn and he must be banned thing isn't helping to improve the ethos at his forum either.

Re: admins - Lalita - 06-19-2012 16:00

lyst Wrote:I don't care about rey being away for a while. What has that to do with his function as administrator anyway. I'll also add a rule saying that members shouldn't pretend to be a moderator.
That has everything to do with rey being an admin. He hasn't been in this community for 3 years or so, so he won't know what's going on with the forum or what happened lately. So he doesn't know if jezo's been spamming or not or if users have giving him warns etc.

Adding a rule saying users shouldn't pretend to be admins that's a joke bro, it says administrator next to your name and there is nothing wrong with reminding someone about the rules? If rey didn't delete my message you would have seen that I didn't write anything offensive which has deserved a warn. Since I started on the forum my behavior was awful but now I'm not breaking any warns and your warning me for NOT BEING AN ADMIN? If I sent jezo a personal message faking saying Board warning issued then of course a warn is deserved.

Re: admins - JeZ0 - 06-20-2012 08:09

Esk8 Wrote:If there's anybody that Lyst wants admin and is active I will happily resign.

I dont think you should step down, i think that Lyst, Rey and yourself should chat about recruiting another admin that is trustworthy and fully active and that will put some time into helping keep the forum clean.

Re: admins - Lalita - 06-20-2012 10:04

JeZ0 Wrote:
Esk8 Wrote:If there's anybody that Lyst wants admin and is active I will happily resign.

I dont think you should step down, i think that Lyst, Rey and yourself should chat about recruiting another admin that is trustworthy and fully active and that will put some time into helping keep the forum clean.
Don't think they need another admin to delete your posts, the forum is small and has like 40 active members. 3 admins is too much if anything, please read before posting...

Re: admins - Lyst - 06-20-2012 12:22

It's only good that Rey has been gone, he is unprejudiced and therefore more objectively applying the rules. Players get warns for a certain post and if a player already has been warned for a post, other administrators get a message that the user has already been warned. We never warn players because they did something for a longer period, because a post is either within the rules or breaking the rules. There is no such thing as if you make 5 posts of these you'll get a warn.

Re: admins - Lalita - 06-20-2012 12:36

I don't get why you warned me a few years ago when I was noob for making plum a topic for 500 posts, but jezos posts shit in random parts of forum, many times, many birthday topics for people he doesn't know and inactive players any many other rules...

Re: admins - bluey - 06-20-2012 13:08

There is a c3 rule : Australian THPS players get warns/bans automatically, almost every month. :lol:

I think the difference between you and jezo is the way he is writing in this forum. Even if he spams or wishes some birthdays to inactive players, it's friendly. Iam not saying, you re not, but sometimes, your comments are too "rough". That's why you may be warned more often than jezo. (btw idk, that's my opinion)

Re: admins - Lalita - 06-20-2012 13:19

blueman Wrote:There is a c3 rule : Australian THPS players get warns/bans automatically, almost every month. :lol:

I think the difference between you and jezo is the way he is writing in this forum. Even if he spams or wishes some birthdays to inactive players, it's friendly. Iam not saying, you re not, but sometimes, your comments are too "rough". That's why you may be warned more often than jezo. (btw idk, that's my opinion)
happy 500th post plum is not happy? hmm... weird.