Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3
KOTH with teams - Printable Version

+- Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 (http://www.chapter-3.net/thps3/v2)
+-- Forum: Other (/forumdisplay.php?fid=185)
+--- Forum: Problems (/forumdisplay.php?fid=193)
+--- Thread: KOTH with teams (/showthread.php?tid=4053)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: KOTH with teams - imnofun - 08-02-2015 09:37

(08-02-2015 08:25)stof Wrote:  
Quote:Attempt 2: copy data from KOTH entry to KA entry in gamemode, result: objective is lost, but teams/crown/arrow still spawn.
Pretty sure it's not it but couldn't itbe as simple as renaming the koth game stuff the same as KA. And then copy it's data?
Just thinking out loud lol I can't even hax my nickname
Apparently not lol Tongue
The entry is_king is linked to gameflow, if it recognizes that value is 1, it will spawn in the criteria.
I assumed is_king(there is also is_horse, is_trick_attack and etc.) is linked to some other file and sets the objective for the game if also the value 1 is recognized, but this seems not to

RE: KOTH with teams - imnofun - 08-02-2015 19:36

Demo explained to me that this is hardcoded in the .exe to add new game types, which is most definitely out of my scope. All we can do for now is pray out to Vadru, as he most likely decoded, disassembled and assembled it back together and might know it limits.

However, logically thinking I think if someone knew the .qb coding language, he could add an extra menu option in the host/players menu to toggle SetTeamMode 1(teamplay) or SetTeamMode 0(FFA) if GameModeChecksumEquals netgraffiti, netking, net_trick_attack and etc., again, I THINK

Anyway, attached you'll find gameflow replacing the original gametypes, with this file you'll be playin' KOTH and KA with teams. This file could be used for example for tournaments. I guess I could make also team graffiti/slap modifying gamemode, feel free to let me know if you seek something like this

[attachment=1313]

RE: KOTH with teams - Shizz - 08-04-2015 08:58

Nice one, i'd like something like team slap for sure Tongue nobody plays slap these days Sad

RE: KOTH with teams - imnofun - 08-04-2015 15:23

(08-04-2015 08:58)Shizz Wrote:  Nice one, i'd like something like team slap for sure Tongue nobody plays slap these days Sad

And if they play, most time the people who can do the hard combo's win(aside from me and rev, I'm not sure if anyone can do over 8b), which is kind of boring and teams in slap would kind of introduce a way to make equal competitors. We might want to make a poll if we think we should change the original slap to team slap and create a single script for this change

Attached you'll find the script 2.0 that turns all ta, graff, slap, koth and ka into team games, just for funzies. Tongue Was kind of confused when I saw ta, graff and slap had no entry in gameflow
Graff colors remain the same and I'm not sure if you can steal from your teammate, haven't tested it with other, but that shouldn't really matter Wink

PS. This script won't crash you if the host doesn't have it, it's just you'll be playing team koth for example, while others play normal koth. Not sure how the slap will react, but I think Zyzz couldn't slap me while I had the crown and he didn't have the script

[attachment=1314]

RE: KOTH with teams - imnofun - 09-07-2015 14:34

Ok, I'm motivated again, I actually gave up before even starting Tongue
Anyway, I'm looking for a way to decrypt the Skate3.exe, it does not consist of a lot of files. The biggest is .text with his 1,5mb+
Anybody knows if there was an tool build to decrypt the .exe or any of the other files without extention(that are stored in your THPS3 folder)? Might be something usefull in there

RE: KOTH with teams - Demo - 09-07-2015 16:03

(09-07-2015 14:34)imnofun Wrote:  Anybody knows if there was an tool build to decrypt the .exe

good luck
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portable_Executable
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X86_assembly_language

[Image: msbboxw.jpg]

[Image: 200_s.gif]

RE: KOTH with teams - imnofun - 09-07-2015 16:48

Thanks, I guess
Isn't the .text written in C++? Or wth am I looking at Tongue anyway, I'll give it a shot for a learning experience.

__
Damn, which decoder/decompiler did Vadru use? All the one I think don't work or crash(stop responding) in progress Sad

RE: KOTH with teams - Lyst - 09-07-2015 18:07

God I hate assembly

RE: KOTH with teams - imnofun - 09-07-2015 19:36

Ok, nevermind, the thing is the code is written in C++ and from what I've read there does not yet exist a trustworthy tool that will decode>decompile the file succesfully and even if it does, you'd probably be spending a lot of time fixing it up again. So yeah, no source code, no new game types, no 32P servers

RE: KOTH with teams - wild786 - 09-08-2015 09:27

well that sux team koth wouldve been nice

edit: how bout lookin at this another way, selectively disable slap only between certain players? that way ppl can make their own teams.. idk much bout how this works but maybe u can get the same result with another angle