Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3
Buffed tricks allowed? - Printable Version

+- Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 (http://www.chapter-3.net/thps3/v2)
+-- Forum: General (/forumdisplay.php?fid=182)
+--- Forum: THPS (/forumdisplay.php?fid=181)
+--- Thread: Buffed tricks allowed? (/showthread.php?tid=4063)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Buffed tricks allowed? - imnofun - 08-18-2015 20:40

I was browsing some THPS3 videos and came across a CTF video of Wild and noticed in it(also in other) that Wild is using a script/mod that features additional tricks(which is no issue, right?) that gives you scores around 1-2k points(usefull for when you get slapped/bail/need special bar, however, this gives you a bit of an advantage over the other players imo).

Is this allowed? And is it widely used? Please let me know if it is so I can do this to my scripts aswell and have some fair games Original

Anyway, below you'll find an example of Wild using the "360 Hardflip"
I don't want to sound judge, but if this is not allowed I'd find it hypocritical to complain on someone for not wanting to validate the score of a game in which you cheated

RE: Buffed tricks allowed? - plum - 08-19-2015 06:30

Interesting points. I never thought of fasttricks or any mods like that as potential advantage in ctf/cz/slap. I was never big fan of them, but I have no problem with people using them. If I ever played any leagues than maybe I could be bothered, but I don't play them.

RE: Buffed tricks allowed? - imnofun - 08-19-2015 06:53

This is kind of like playin' with the script that turned all you your airtricks into scores like 9 million+, a really easy way to get your special up

Anyway, ironically(quite confusing for sure, lol), I recall Wild sharing his (negative) opinion about fasttricks and Pinky's visually modified tricks Xd I think this happend lately in the "vs" topic in "Videos" section

RE: Buffed tricks allowed? - Lyst - 08-19-2015 10:07

Yes it's an advantage, so is fasttricks in itself as you can do hidden combos in ollies. The question is how much this actually has an effect on games, which I think is minimal. For instance the fact that Wild is living in the US and therefore has a high ping to European servers has like 1000x more influence on a game than a special bar filling 5% faster.

RE: Buffed tricks allowed? - Shizz - 08-19-2015 10:10

That is why , Wild, I asked u the other day what trick it was u were doing and where u got it, but apparently it was just Pizza Guy Xd

RE: Buffed tricks allowed? - wild786 - 08-19-2015 10:12

it definitely does give an advantage but a lot of ppl use it and if you don't you're at a disadvantage

RE: Buffed tricks allowed? - imnofun - 08-19-2015 11:14

I see, thanks. It would be indeed nice not to struggle with special bar and speed after getting slapped or my clumsy bails Original Which mod is this? I'd like to explore the new tricks you have

This gives a quite bigger advantage than 5%, the scores seem not to degrade awfully and doing 1 trick gives you a full special bar, which means you can do 1 trick over and over couple of times to regain special bar = speed

RE: Buffed tricks allowed? - wild786 - 08-19-2015 15:25

(08-19-2015 11:14)imnofun Wrote:  I see, thanks. It would be indeed nice not to struggle with special bar and speed after getting slapped or my clumsy bails Original Which mod is this? I'd like to explore the new tricks you have

This gives a quite bigger advantage than 5%, the scores seem not to degrade awfully and doing 1 trick gives you a full special bar, which means you can do 1 trick over and over couple of times to regain special bar = speed

well lyst is right that it only gives a minimal advantage but that is only when the games are short when ppl started using fastrix ppl still played 5min ctf games so it didn't matter much as time goes on the amount of advantage u get increases

RE: Buffed tricks allowed? - Demo - 08-19-2015 16:20

people are so used to it that they dont realize that instead 360 hardflip you'd normally perform varial heelflip twice on flat = instant bail = other team in the lead. don't underestimate double tap habit.

RE: Buffed tricks allowed? - Pinky thps3 - 08-19-2015 16:21

I do not use these tricks to have any advantage
I have the devido that in real life you can do these tricks
2 kickflip
kickflip 360 ......
esthetic and improvisations

but if this is a problem
I do not have any incomveniente to remove
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
yo no uso estos tricks para tener alguna ventaja
los tengo devido a que en la vida real se pueden hacer estos tricks
2 kickflip
kickflip 360 ......
y por estetica en las improvisaciones

pero si esto es un problema
no tengo ningun incomveniente en quitarlos