Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3
WB tourney- Final+3rd place. - Printable Version

+- Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 (http://www.chapter-3.net/thps3/v2)
+-- Forum: Competitions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=184)
+--- Forum: Tournaments (/forumdisplay.php?fid=186)
+--- Thread: WB tourney- Final+3rd place. (/showthread.php?tid=4201)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: WB tourney- Final+3rd place. - shin - 07-03-2018 07:02

(07-03-2018 06:37)Faith Wrote:  Didn't you already do this like five years ago????

no Wink I don't remember anything like that. I know I had the plans but never realize that.

RE: WB tourney- Final+3rd place. - Lyst - 07-03-2018 08:55

(07-02-2018 19:13)shin Wrote:  
(07-02-2018 18:46)Lyst Wrote:  Wild's one is nice, but damn Faith that is definitely one of the best THPS3 improvs I've ever seen.

well. This tourney confirmed me that most of you don't understand what improv really is. You just see things like: wow, he jumped there, wow, he made the transfer, wow what a combo of cool moves. Ofc this looks spectacular but no one of you think about it deeper. No one of you ask yourself: why and how he did it?
I will analyze it as good as I can. I'm not saying that Faith won't win because he still can, but I saw many things which I didn't like. Same in Wild's run. Probably I will make the biggest analyze of runs ever to explain you how you should judge improv runs. It will contain many things from "improv theory". It can take me week or two but after many critical statements about my judging I feel that I need to close this topic about my knowledge and how I understand improv forever.

I have many duties in my life and ofc judging the videos is on last place of my list to do. It's only a game and I hope you understand it. So don't worry. I will make it sooner or later, but I will. Now I would like to thank you Faith and Wild. Great job and thank you.
Yeah theory is nice, but please show me an actually performed improv in THPS3 that is a level above this. Sure I could pick on some things, first of all I would remove handstand 50-50 from your tricklist, you're also overusing it. You could opt in for some actual trick combinations rather than doing special tricks all the time. There were 3 50-50's in this run which are considered ugly. Your trick spinning is not always clean.

But the thing is I could even point out stuff like that in shin's best improv runs. And even if they contain less mistakes on the style aspect, those players always really underperform in the improvisation aspect. Therefore I stand by my opinion that this is one of the best THPS3 improvs I've ever seen. And I'd rather have you show me a counter example as in an actual video from anyone that is a level above this than some 2 page word document, because I never claimed it was the perfect improv. Heck I even phrased it as one of the best, rather than the best.

RE: WB tourney- Final+3rd place. - shin - 07-03-2018 14:24

I know that you were saying its one of the best improv videos you have ever seen, not the best. Anyway my memory about good improv videos which I could show you suck. I don’t remember any improvs except mine improvs. But of course I won’t post it as an example. I just know that some of improvs from Improve your prov probably were better. But I won’t watch them one by one to prove something because I already feel tired about everything. That tourney makes me realize that I’m too old to make more tourneys, talk about my point of view etc. Sometimes I have a power to be „old” shin who likes to talk, prove some things, but sometimes like today I have a feeling that it’s for nothing and generally I waste my time. I don’t play anymore, I just make tourneys and after many critical statements about my improv knowledge I already decided I'm done for now. I need again a break from c3 and this community. Someday maybe I will post my article about improv theory, but today I lost energy to do it. Before the weekend I even forgot that we didn’t finish the tourney. When Faith and Wild posted their videos I had short motivation to judge the videos very carefully, but now I lost that motivation. Mostly because life is more important than a game and I think we shouldn’t be so involved in „game life”.
You can pick your winner. I don’t think anyone need official results. Thank you everyone, good job to the winners and see you someday.

RE: WB tourney- Final+3rd place. - Faith - 07-03-2018 16:37

Haha. It's ok shinzy. Remember everyone is in control of their own involvement and thereby the lvl of time waste they experience. It's up to yourself.
I bet everyone liked to participate and we thank you for hosting.

RE: WB tourney- Final+3rd place. - wild786 - 07-03-2018 20:09

Okay someone summarize last two pages for me. Is it a fight? Did I win? What's happening? Please use less than two sentences, thanks.

RE: WB tourney- Final+3rd place. - Lyst - 07-03-2018 20:51

No one won the tournament. Nobody did a BS Nosecomply. Geez I even told you how to win this tournament.

RE: WB tourney- Final+3rd place. - Faith - 07-04-2018 11:34

Shorter: no fight, you won.

RE: WB tourney- Final+3rd place. - wild786 - 07-04-2018 15:53

wow nice. ggs i had fun (not rly, i spent like 10 hours trying to get that stupid run.....) i guess this was my last improv tour unless we get some first try stuff! thanks shin for organizing it

and lyst ur post was 3 sentences!!!