CCC - Information

Lyst
02-23-2009, 13:15

Administrator
| Website
CCC: Chapter 3 Clan Competition
General Info
Some people complained about the fact, that clans are pretty useless in THPS3.
Not anymore! The C3-team presents you a completely new competition: Chapter 3 Clan Competition (CCC or C3).
In this competition 8 clans will compete with eachother in several tourneys.

The Tourneys
There will be held several types of tournaments. In order to let your clan work as a team, every tourney will be played by a team of 2 people.
March: Improv Doubles [Unknown] (2 minute+ runs, one try)
April: 2 vs 2 CZ [Airport] (1 time all zones, without xtz)
May: 2 vs 2 Teamslap [Airport] (30 seconds)
June: 2 vs 2 KOTH [Warehouse, Airport, Rosswell] (2 min)
July + August: NoManual Doubles [Any Level]
September: 2 vs 2 CTF [Airport] (5 min with xtc)
October: 2 vs 2 Teamslap [All levels] (30 seconds)
November: 2 vs 2 CZ [All levels] (1 time all zones, without xtz)
December: 2 vs 2 CTF [Airport] (5 min without xtc)

If some clan does not signup for a tourney, another team will automatically advance (by lottery), the clan will get the pts for the standings, but the players won't get any ranking points.

Ranking points
Always wanted to earn rankingpts fast for the clanranking?
Every clan has to send 1 team of 2 players to a tournament.
Every signed up player in this clan will get the same amount of ranking pts.
So if your clanmates won a match, and you're a signed up member, you'll receive the same amount of ranking points as them. So as clan you can earn like 6 points for 1 round. But keep in mind that every signed up member has to play in at least one tournament. These rankingpts will be added to the current c3 ranking as an extra column.

Standings
Apart from the rankingsystem we have a standings.
You can check the current standings out here.
In these standings you can check the points scored by a clan in this competition.
In the end of the competitionseason (Dec 2009) the first 3 clans will get extra ranking points for their overall performance. Please note that after every tournament the number 8 of the standings will have to play vs the first clan waiting in the queue. If the clan loses their out the competition and have to sign up again to join the queue. Their pts in the standings will be given to the new team, so they'll have a fair chance.

Signups
You can sign up in this topic.
You have to signup as a clan here. To sign up you'll need a clan with at least 2 members (since every tourney is a teamtourney). Sign up as follow:
Clanname
- member 1 (<!-- e --><a href="mailto:member1@hotmail.com">member1@hotmail.com</a><!-- e -->)
- member 2 (<!-- e --><a href="mailto:member2@hotmail.com">member2@hotmail.com</a><!-- e -->)
- member 3 (<!-- e --><a href="mailto:member3@hotmail.com">member3@hotmail.com</a><!-- e -->)
- member 4 (<!-- e --><a href="mailto:member4@hotmail.com">member4@hotmail.com</a><!-- e -->)

Every player has to be a member (wearing the tag) of the signed up clan.
People cannot play in more than 1 clan. Every signed up member has to play in at least 1 tournament (see the tournament section for the different types of tournaments). A member can also leave the competition. If he leaves without playing a tournament, all his rankingpts earned in this tourney will be removed. If a new member wants to join during the competition, he'll just play like the other members and receive rankingpts of the following tourneys.

Even if the signups are full feel free to sign up. Read the paragraph below:
We think we can get 8 clans to play in this competition. We stick to the number 8 so we can easily create Elimination Tournaments (8-4-2). It can be possible that 1 clan is too late signing up (e.g. new clans formed this year). In this case you will be put in a queue and after each tournament the worst team will have to play a match (of the previous tourney type) versus the first clan in the queue. If the new clan wins he will join the competition with the amount of pts, the other team left with. This so new clans have a fair chance, even if they join while the competition has been taking place for a while.

Yes, but why is the rum gone?
Quote this message in a reply

ReY
02-23-2009, 17:25

Tony Himself

lyst Wrote:If the clan loses their out the competition and have to sign up again to join the queue. Their pts in the standings will be given to the new team, so they'll have a fair chance.

that means if clan ''yo'' with 55 points lose and clan ''hi'' (and clan ''hi'' sucks) sign up they will get 55 points. right?

[Image: modvsspammer6rs2dl0mq0bc1tz7wfyd4hb9.gif]

Lyst
02-23-2009, 17:35

Administrator
| Website
in the standings yes, because they are better than that clan, they deserve those pts.
Else it's impossible to reach the top, when you join around july or something.

ReY
02-23-2009, 17:43

Tony Himself

what you mean better? they just sign up for there place they didn't play yet. or am i sto......?

[Image: modvsspammer6rs2dl0mq0bc1tz7wfyd4hb9.gif]

Lyst
02-23-2009, 17:57

Administrator
| Website
they have to play vs the last spot (8th) in the gametype of the next tourney.
If they win they replace else not.

plum
02-23-2009, 18:59

Tony Himself
| Website
I need clan :|

The size of four children, eh?

I'm sorry I wrote you such a long post. I didn't have time to write a short one.

tasty
02-23-2009, 20:06

Tony Himself

plum Wrote:I need clan :|
Same.

[Image: wwenexuslogo.gif]

ShiFty
02-24-2009, 11:37

Three-sixty!

tasty Wrote: