Improve you prov!! 1st week

shin
04-29-2011, 20:20

old.
| Website
Psycho Wrote:Am i still able to vote? :mrgreen:

You didn't participate and 1st week is done but you can post your opinion Wink

@esk8
ye, top 3 words. But Can you say something more? What do you understand by level usage and style?
It's important to understand sick's words. To understand his mind about improv and mine too. I could say it easily but I want some discussion from other players. The idea of the tourney was improving our skills so go talk about it too.

http://pl.youtube.com/user/prozshin
Quote this message in a reply

Nevermind
04-29-2011, 20:58

Officer Dick

lol there is no "how-to-improv-Instruction" because your improvin it.
but what the hell, sick you cant say every run is planned or what do you mean with planned? i just saw in your ap vid that you used the 360 shovit+grind+360 flip combo about 10x lol. so you plan your tricks combos?or do you plan your style with that?tell me pls

“During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act”

Esk8
04-29-2011, 21:25

Three-sixty!

Well by level usage I mean using portions of the level that people never use normally, or with different ideas (thats where the whole empty-180 drops came from). Something that I didn't do in my run because hey, how the heck do you prov well in airport Tongue

shin
04-29-2011, 21:54

old.
| Website
Nevermind Wrote:lol there is no "how-to-improv-Instruction" because your improvin it.
but what the hell, sick you cant say every run is planned or what do you mean with planned? i just saw in your ap vid that you used the 360 shovit+grind+360 flip combo about 10x lol. so you plan your tricks combos?or do you plan your style with that?tell me pls

Ye we are improvin but We can say some tips How you should improve your game. So you can't say there is no "how-to-improv-Instruction" because some knowledge about some aspects can improve your game.

About the style:
Style is style. You work on it. I have never seen a player who in every run make different tricks combinations. It's impossible. You can't say it's planned. No, because It's your result of work on style. You think it's easy? No! and that's why sick complained about it. If he makes some combinations too many times he should work on it also but from my expierence We have to say that some combinations you make instinctively and don't even think about it. Everyone makes something like that but as I said, it's result of your work and your habits.

Anyway sick is right because ppl only see tfs and special moves which players learnt before . Generally runs wasn't creative.
I want to give you some example to think more about improv and style.
For example look at Nvm video:
Look when it's 1:23 to end. He goes and stop spinning because he just want to hit the wall and make some cool move. I really don't like it, because he can't join his tricks+spins with some unexpected move. Tf is tf but this is not a tranfsers contest.
I don't say I am god or something because I make many mistakes also but He should work on it if he wants to be better improv player.
Watch the videos and you will notice it in every run.

Sorry Nvm for using you as example Tongue But I just want to help as most of us liked the idea of tourney so I will always add some words about the runs.

Esk8
04-29-2011, 21:59

Three-sixty!

I may as well comment my own run because I know exactly what's wrong with it. I too suffer from TF-syndrome. I try not to but find myself limited when trying to prov in th3. especially in airport when there's so many tfs everywhere, you tend to want to hit them.
I think my style is okay, used to be a lot better than that way back when, switched up some tricks though.

shin
04-29-2011, 22:07

old.
| Website
I'm addicted from Bonks ;d

Psycho
04-29-2011, 23:37

rockband addict

shin Wrote:For example look at Nvm video:
Look when it's 1:23 to end. He goes and stop spinning because he just want to hit the wall and make some cool move. I really don't like it, because he can't join his tricks+spins with some unexpected move. Tf is tf but this is not a tranfsers contest.
I don't say I am god or something because I make many mistakes also but He should work on it if he wants to be better improv player.

Well, imo tf's are nice in improv runs, it makes it a bit more interessting.
And i srsly dont get what you dont like at 1:23 :?

shin
04-30-2011, 07:38

old.
| Website
Quote:ppl only see tfs and special moves which players learnt before .

of course tfs are nice but not when you can't join tfs with another aspects of improv. For me it looks like: ok time to hit a wall. I will stop spininng, I will stop making the tricks because i have to make a tf.
It's only 2 secs in Nvm's vid but you can see that he should work on it. I watched before krea's run on Canada and noticed something like that at 0:21 secs to END(look at video, not a zippyshare time). Before a jump he stopped spinning and making tricks.

Anyway I don't think that tfs in improv are necessary. Before new generation ppl didn't know as many tfs as you know and still their capped runs are pretty good. Because they didn't make tfs where you fly but they were focus on tricks mainly. They tried to join some tricks, spin the tricks(98% new players of thps3 don't even can spin with spin keys), use a level with nice speed, good flow and we can see nice improv with nice combos. But now most of players can't even get "x20" because their bail because someone told them: hey, you need a fly. I ask: WTF?

wild786
04-30-2011, 07:43

w!Ld

spinning tricks is not prov.. spinning tricks is super easy its so easy that it shouldnt even count as prov, thers no point in spinning tricks thats style stuff prov is how you use the level i can go as linear as some of the guys in old prov vids and do the style they did.. its not a big deal, even if you bail 20x improv is about being unpredictable

[Image: kisspng-ultimate-mortal-kombat-3-mortal-...219300.png]

shin
04-30-2011, 07:58

old.
| Website
wild786 Wrote:spinning tricks is not prov.. spinning tricks is super easy its so easy that it shouldnt even count as prov, thers no point in spinning tricks thats style stuff prov is how you use the level i can go as linear as some of the guys in old prov vids and do the style they did.. its not a big deal, even if you bail 20x improv is about being unpredictable

I didn't say tricks is a prov. Of course it's part of style. But what's improv on thps3 without a tricks, without a spins. it's not thug games with many extra special moves like dd, enc dd etc.
Some days ago probably blumean noticed that he can't spin. Is it really so easy? When we talk about this "20x" you say about unpredictable. What's so hard with jumping and no making the tricks and change directions of your run to make it "unpredictable". It's not thug games..