[THPS3] Level Out 2.9 (28/1/2012)

coolsnake
01-05-2012, 21:47

I ended up doing quite a lot of work on all the tricks.

Trick Overhaul Details

Doubletap tricks for certain flip- and grabtricks
fingerflip -> double fingerflip
frontfoot impossible -> double frontfoot impossible
ollie airwalk -> ollie airwalk late shove-it
ollie north -> ollie north backfoot flip

cannonball -> cannonball fingerflip
tailgrab -> One foot tailgrab

Since there was no decent way to make a 360 inward heelflip, I just used a standard 360 heelflip
inward heelflip -> 360 heelflip

Completing Fasttricks
There were certain tricks that because of a custom speed setting were not converted to their fasttrick equivalent, I fixed that.
This has as effect that most special tricks are faster now. Also normal tricks like the 180 varial are faster.

THPS4 Convert
Hate it or love it but in addition I also changed the speed, trickslack and score to make the tricks resemble their THPS4 counterparts.
e.g The 900 is worth 9000 points instead of 6500 now, the Nollie Flip Underflip is now landable on flatland.

Bug Fixes
There were some graphical glitches in Ksk's code that I fixed. e.g board that kept rotating after doing a 540 varial.

No more crashing clients with special tricks
I removed all the special tricks that Ksk added to avoid crashing other people's clients.
I regret this since there are so much more tricks that could be added.
I refuse to add them back until there is a way for people using my mod to play seperately.
The way it is now, my mod shouldn't crash any client.

New Special Tricks
I unlocked next to all skater specific special tricks. e.g The Beserker, Claw Punch, Panhandling
The reason that they were locked is because they used props that were usually specific to the skater himself.
You still need to unlock the respective skaters to unlock them though.
Alternatively I included my CAS with all the tricks unlocked.
You can't use their respective props with them but I feel they are good enough tricks even without them.

Please let me know if some of the normal tricks need further balancing, this is especially true for the double tap tricks I made.

[THPS3] Level Out 1.9 (14/1/2012)
[THPS3] Ingame MP3 Player v1.6 FINAL (7/01/2012)
BW Manual fix
[THPS3]Graffiti Colors from THPS4PC

Please vote to add Tony Hawk games to GOG.com, you need to make an account to vote!
Quote this message in a reply

f4qq
01-05-2012, 23:25

What? 180!?
| Website
awesome Laugh

btw: where is caveman :lol:

Nice to meet you , my name is hyon.
pz.

Demo
01-05-2012, 23:53

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
| Website
Quote:btw: where is caveman :lol:
no use for caveman if no walking mod :lol:

never used 1.3 a lot and i thought there are all tricks unlocked :lol: i unlocked 'em by myself long time ago and panhandling is my default :lol:
nice, still too fast for me Tongue never liked fasttricks btw Tongue
but really good job on new grabs and flips.

Start of marked as "noone cares" notes :lol:

as in th4 - nollie backfoot kickflip animation should be kickflip, same for heelflip (some useless info from former skater: basically backfoot is a flip where you pop and flip your board with same foot)

also it'll be great to work on some double flips nollie animations for kickflip or impossible etc, cause especially latter one looks weird (but only if th3 understand nollie for double taps. actionly there are no nollie animations for 2x flips even in th4)

ollie north backfoot flip should use nollie kickflip animation (you should flip with your back foot)

just wonder if use higher blend value for new tricks will they be smoothier?

what do you think about making kickflip to melon and kickflip to indy grabs finally :lol:

End of marked as "noone cares" notes :lol:

found that spine transfer doesn't work in tokyo and sure doesn't work in skatepark editor (if use 2 thin quater-pipes). is there a way to make 'em work, at least in tokyo?

the last one is about level out - you can move {L2} call to default AirTricks, then you can level out any time, but not during grab. While flips/rolls on flat are weird, levlout won't affect anything Tongue

Too many symbols... o well you asked for feedback :lol:

-
Youtube Channel | THPS2 Cumulative Patch | THPS3 LevelMod | THPS3 Project 512x | Tony Hawk's Games Wiki
-

coolsnake
01-09-2012, 19:32

Adding walking to THPS3 is one of the barriers I'm not sure I want to cross. It was by far the most controversial addition to the THPS series imo.

I'm a rather large fan of the mechanics how they are now, more specifically the bertslide. It's like an easier to execute spacewalk from THUG1 but not as totally bonkers like the hot rod manual from THUG2. Ideal for when you're stuck while in a manual at a certain spot.

Adding walking would mean completely or partially removing the bertslide to make room for it controls wise. I also think that none of the current levels really need walking. If there ever is going to be a need for it, it will be when the "real" THUG1 levels get ported imo. And that will probably take quite a long while. Original

I'll admit that it would be interesting to add it from a technical standpoint though. Just to see if it's possible. I have some ideas on how it would work in theory but making it work in practice is an entirely different story. Wink

Demo Wrote:as in th4 - nollie backfoot kickflip animation should be kickflip, same for heelflip (some useless info from former skater: basically backfoot is a flip where you pop and flip your board with same foot)

also it'll be great to work on some double flips nollie animations for kickflip or impossible etc, cause especially latter one looks weird (but only if th3 understand nollie for double taps. actionly there are no nollie animations for 2x flips even in th4)

ollie north backfoot flip should use nollie kickflip animation (you should flip with your back foot)
Thank you, I love little details like that. They will probably be fixed in the next version. The nollie flips sound interesting but are pretty low priority at the moment.

Demo Wrote:just wonder if use higher blend value for new tricks will they be smoothier?
Not the slighest idea.

Demo Wrote:what do you think about making kickflip to melon and kickflip to indy grabs finally :lol:

I took a look at it. They're basically combinations of a kickflip animation with grab animations so in theory you could make a kickflip to every grab combination. Kickflip to Indy and Kickflip to Melon do look pretty sweet though. So it's something worth looking into.

Demo Wrote:found that spine transfer doesn't work in tokyo and sure doesn't work in skatepark editor (if use 2 thin quater-pipes). is there a way to make 'em work, at least in tokyo?

I can manage to make it work for Tokyo, the "spine ramp" in the skatepark editor is too "thick" though. For making a spinetransfer in a CAP you could try something like this.

Demo Wrote:the last one is about level out - you can move {L2} call to default AirTricks, then you can level out any time, but not during grab. While flips/rolls on flat are weird, levlout won't affect anything Tongue
There are some nasty side effects to it that I won't go into detail about. It's more trouble than it's worth.

I made a post in the CAS forum with CAS files that allowed you to do Boneless/Beanplant just to realise that they all shared the same animations, even in vanilla THPS3. I also posted a fix for it there. The fix will also be included in my next version.

For the future I've also been considering to "fork" a THPS3 client to work with my scripts. This means that people using my mod will only be able to play with eachother. Trying to join vanilla THPS3 player's servers will result in a "incompatible version" message.

Pros:
- I can add all the special tricks back that I removed + many more without fear of it crashing other people's clients
- No more "cheating" on THPS3 vanilla servers

Cons:
- Only my script files will work with the client.
- You will need to have a serperate folder for my client.
- No way to play with people that don't use my mod.

BW Manual fix

Please vote to add Tony Hawk games to GOG.com, you need to make an account to vote!

Lyst
01-09-2012, 21:37

Administrator
| Website
I don't want to ruin your idea's, but THPS3 is not a really active game. Splitting the community in two is therefore not a really good idea. :roll:

Yes, but why is the rum gone?

Esk8
01-09-2012, 23:04

Three-sixty!

I like the work you've done even though as a mostly purist I disagree with some. I do like those new tricks though since my favorite physics were always thps4.

Demo
01-09-2012, 23:57

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
| Website
i'm agree with lyst, you should choose, or you make some additions that are compatible with as you say "vanilla th3" and stick 'em to some common thoughts and ideas of gameplay or you get freedom to make grand mod including anything that will worth it. i'm sure that hardcore players won't use it anyway and basically it won't be very active online Tongue

-
Youtube Channel | THPS2 Cumulative Patch | THPS3 LevelMod | THPS3 Project 512x | Tony Hawk's Games Wiki
-

coolsnake
01-10-2012, 01:55

Thank you for all of your opinions so far.

That's the pickle isn't it?

The harsh truth is that the day Ksk8er released THPS3 1.3, he did split the community in two. One part was the old skool THPS3 community that didn't want their game to be tainted, the other part the new skool community that mostly came from the newer games (myself included). + a whole slew inbetween that just used fasttricks/dropdown etc.

The only thing I would do is solidify that schism is by splitting the clients.

I do try to respect the hardcore THPS3 community with my mod which is the reason why I removed Ksk's special tricks. I don't want other people having problems just because my mod is used.

The main motivation I would have to "fork" the client is the clear advantage the LevelOut mod users have over vanilla THPS3 players. Way more flexibility in graffiti/trickattack and not to mention the massive advantage in games like ctf/koth. Lyst himself mentioned earlier in this topic how it's considered cheating among THPS3 players.

The ideal way to solve it is if the host himself could set what techniques are allowed but I fear that's not possible to do.

Second motivation is relatively minor which is the ability to add a lot more special tricks. That alone is not enough to warrant splitting the client or potentially crashing other people's clients imo.

I could always let things flow naturally I suppose. It just gnaws at me that there is no simple way to solve this.

BW Manual fix

Demo
01-10-2012, 02:31

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
| Website
1 argument for adding new tricks - 88 lost animations! Mainly from thps2. If implemented wise, it will be about 30-40 additional tricks.

some of them
somi spin
pogo air
spidey flip
spidey grind
spidey varial
salute
several one footed grinds (1f smith, 1f bluntslide etc.)
heelflip darkslide
several backflips (mute backlip etc.)
several special fliptricks (hospital flip, backfoot flip to mute etc.)

-
-

coolsnake
01-10-2012, 21:36

Most of you won't see anything special in the following video but for me it is pure bliss.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xnl5cv_teaser2_videogames">http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xnl5cv ... videogames</a><!-- m -->

BW Manual fix