[THPS3] Ingame MP3 Player v1.6 FINAL (7/01/2012)

coolsnake
12-30-2011, 16:25

Originally posted on the ThMods forum

This is an attempt to circumvent the song limit in THPS3.
It uses the random script selector function which has a tendency to prefer certain songs but it works nonetheless.

- Songs must be in MP3.
- Every time you retry a random song is selected.
- After every game a random song is selected.
- Every time you press skip track in the sound options a random song is selected.
- Roughly every 3 minutes of playtime the song is changed.
- You can add up to 99 songs.
- When there isn't a song in place it will just play nothing.
- Songs keep playing in the pause menu.
- Volume can only be changed by changing the master level volume.
- Crowd sounds are removed in singleplayer because they would crash the game in combination with my MP3 player.

In earlier versions the game would sometimes crash on exiting, I haven't experienced that anymore in the newer versions.
Nevertheless, please let me know if you still experience crashing.

EDIT: Apparently it crashes the game when in the competitions in career mode, use at own risk!

install instructions
- Unzip "Scripts" and "Streams" folder in THPS3/Data.
- Be sure to back up flags.qb, gameflow.qb & sfxmenu.qb

The songs are located in the streams/music folder.
They "songs" that I placed are just placeholder items.
When replacing them with your songs be sure to name them correctly (song01.mp3 - song99.mp3).
The default number of songs is 99.

Alternatively you can use a program to batch rename your songs. I strongly recommend Bulk Rename Utility (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk">http://www.bulkrenameutility.co.uk</a><!-- m -->)
I included a file called "bulkrename.bru" in the streams/music folder. When you have installed the beforementioned program you can just open it,
press ctrl+A(or select the songs manually) and press rename in the bottom right corner to batch rename all the songs in the folder.

I also have included a folder in the Scripts folder called "sfxmenuBACKUPS". It contains the original sfxmenu.qb + sfxmenu's that support different number of songs.
e.g sfxmenu30 can play 30 songs.

You need to rename it to sfxmenu.qb and place it in the scripts folder before it has an effect.

Downloadlink Ingame MP3 Player v1.6 (final version)
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?nae7nnpg3e6x2hu">http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?nae7nnpg3e6x2hu</a><!-- m -->

If some more bugs crop up I'll try to fix them, unless that happens consider this my final version.

For questions & suggestions, contact me at
<!-- e --><a href="mailto:coolsnake@fast-email.com">coolsnake@fast-email.com</a><!-- e -->.

[THPS3] Level Out 1.9 (14/1/2012)
BW Manual fix
[THPS3]Graffiti Colors from THPS4PC

Please vote to add Tony Hawk games to GOG.com, you need to make an account to vote!
Quote this message in a reply

David
12-30-2011, 23:47

What? 180!?

lol dude, it's really nice that you(or somebody else) are making these stuffs, but in my opinion it's totally senseless, because on my keyboard there's a button i can change the music with, or stop it. And i guess many others have it too...

Until the end of Time...

coolsnake
12-31-2011, 11:07

I guess you mean hotkeys for your media player? It's true that you can easily use those to listen to songs.

The thing I made is more of an immersion thing really. New songs that start when you switch levels or when you press "skip track" in the sound options ingame.

Demo reported to me that the song limit for him was around 25 songs, it went from 1 to 23 and then went back to the first, does anyone have the same problem?

I reinstalled the game and applied my patch again to test and things worked like they should for vanilla THPS3 and Ksk's THPS3 1.3. It started at the 7th song, went to song 35 and then started from the first song. It cycled normally for me then.

EDIT: uploaded alternative version if people would have problems with it.

[THPS3] Level Out 1.9 (14/1/2012)
BW Manual fix
[THPS3]Graffiti Colors from THPS4PC

Please vote to add Tony Hawk games to GOG.com, you need to make an account to vote!