When to use DefMod

Challenger
01-07-2013, 03:39

Wannabe

Ok so I got tired of my server players complaining about slaps during trick attack/graffiti so I finally installed DefMod 3. The thing is I've also seen pros cheating during KOTH. For example, saw one guy wallieplant over the dividing wall in Airport (you know where it is). That's just cheap and I don't support it. However, I also see no turn bail and fast turns used a lot during KOTH/CTF/CZ, and that makes the game no fun for everyone else. What would be appropriate to do here?

Follow me on PHUN Online:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://phun.freeforums.org/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=939">http://phun.freeforums.org/memberlist.p ... file&u=939</a><!-- m -->
Quote this message in a reply

Demo
01-07-2013, 04:25

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
| Website
just get over it or play with ppl you know are trusted. it's considered cool here to use game glitches. and actually if you are talking about helipad wall then it's not even defmod.

-
Youtube Channel | THPS2 Cumulative Patch | THPS3 LevelMod | THPS3 Project 512x | Tony Hawk's Games Wiki
-

JeZ0
01-07-2013, 06:42

Tony Himself
| Website
Demo Wrote:just get over it or play with ppl you know are trusted. it's considered cool here to use game glitches. and actually if you are talking about helipad wall then it's not even defmod.

Until the end of Time

Lyst
01-07-2013, 11:08

Administrator
| Website
I think he means the security gate? And you do not need wallieplants to go in the direction a wallieplant would go. If you wallride it high enough then the curved ceiling will take you in that direction. And about no turn bails etc. There are not many pro's using that, because it would be noticed quite quickly by other pros. But also there there are techniques like spinning at the very last moment that allow you to land at bigger angles than you normally would be able to. So I would be careful calling people cheaters as you probably do not know the full boundaries of the THPS3 physics. If however you're sure one is cheating, just ban him ==Original

Yes, but why is the rum gone?

Psycho
01-07-2013, 13:39

rockband addict

Challenger Wrote:The thing is I've also seen pros cheating during KOTH.

Sounds like wannabe pros to me. Anyway, I gotta agree with lyst by quoting this:

lyst Wrote:And about no turn bails etc. There are not many pro's using that, because it would be noticed quite quickly by other pros.

Amen.

Challenger
01-07-2013, 14:09

Wannabe

If it's cool to use glitches that doesn't make things like going outside the front doors of Airport cool, or MFG'ing during slap cool. But I don't do those things either. I was starting to get the impression that a majority of the pros (which are the ones keeping this community alive) have accepted cheating (mainly NTB and FT) as normal practice to enhance their game. If everyone in a room is using the same cheat (hypothetically) then no one is really cheating, everyone is on the same level.

Follow me on PHUN Online:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://phun.freeforums.org/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=939">http://phun.freeforums.org/memberlist.p ... file&u=939</a><!-- m -->

Psycho
01-07-2013, 14:24

rockband addict

Challenger Wrote:I was starting to get the impression that a majority of the pros (which are the ones keeping this community alive) have accepted cheating (mainly NTB and FT) as normal practice to enhance their game.

Yap, I gotta agree in this one as well.. I didn't start my thps3exe in weeks, once I came back yesterday I played CTF with 5 people. 3 of them were obviously using FT, these guys are the reason why I'd just like to quit this game..

shin
01-07-2013, 14:26

old.
| Website
Psycho Wrote:
Challenger Wrote:I was starting to get the impression that a majority of the pros (which are the ones keeping this community alive) have accepted cheating (mainly NTB and FT) as normal practice to enhance their game.

Yap, I gotta agree in this one as well.. I didn't start my thps3exe in weeks, once I came back yesterday I played CTF with 5 people. 3 of them were obviously using FT, these guys are the reason why I'd just like to quit this game..

who?

For me even fast tricks are cheats Laugh Im feeling like last standing pro in this community :mrgreen:

http://pl.youtube.com/user/prozshin

Psycho
01-07-2013, 14:28

rockband addict

shin Wrote:
Psycho Wrote:

who?

For me even fast tricks are cheats Laugh Im feeling like last standing pro in this community :mrgreen:

I'm not talking about "our (known)" guys, I'm talking about those who just keep changing their names.

Giel
01-07-2013, 16:47

What? 180!?

Blooming fo sure