01-22-2013, 22:59

What? 180!?

And what about koth section or graff?

k
Quote this message in a reply

Nihilism
01-22-2013, 23:00

Three-sixty!

I'd love someone to take over these sections.

RoC
01-22-2013, 23:02

What? 180!?

Yea think that whythefuq should take graff Laugh

k

Nihilism
01-22-2013, 23:03

Three-sixty!

Obviously Original I'm just waiting for him to see this thread =P

RoC
01-22-2013, 23:07

What? 180!?

And what about some hex tutorials in it,no?

k

Demo
01-22-2013, 23:11

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
| Website
Maker Wrote:And what about some hex tutorials in it,no?
*facepalm*

-
Youtube Channel | THPS2 Cumulative Patch | THPS3 LevelMod | THPS3 Project 512x | Tony Hawk's Games Wiki
-

Nihilism
01-22-2013, 23:34

Three-sixty!

Well, I don't see any point in a hex tutorial due to the fact It's... Not really related, hehe.

Faith
01-23-2013, 17:18

Tony Himself

heh. nihi, im up for ctf/koth/cz. and discuss those games with wild and bluey. and if someone else wants to be on that i discuss it with this person too. so not only ctf.

bluey
01-23-2013, 17:42

FATALITY

well, in my opinion, 2ppl are needed to show tips for games like cz/ctf/koth.
so if we are 3 for those games it's okay.
like : cz/ctf/koth = wild faith and me.
nope?

Heart

Nihilism
01-23-2013, 18:42

Three-sixty!

Fine by me.
After Demo said a video would be boring and pretty much a hassle, I made a text document that will kind of cover up most of the TA section.
I think we should have a freebie webpage with these sections just to make life much easier for everyone..
Well, here it is, tell me whatcha think:
Code:
First of all, I'd like to introduce myself:
I'm Nihilism, a member of the EPS clan, and of the chapter-3 community.
It has come to my attention that many players have no idea how to actually play this game, and most players don't realize that there's beyond Trick Attack.
As much as I love TA, there are other game types which are just as good that most people don't know how to play properly.
Me and a few members of this community have decided to make this guide, in order to set things straight and help all the players that has some missing information and techniues\tactics.
For now, I'd like to focus on Trick Attack.
In this page, I will explain the meaning of base, multi, comboing, bouncing, DAO, x251 stop, starting base, x251 patch, spin keys, autokick off, and types of TA.
First, I'll explain the meanings of base and multi.
The scoring system in THPS is very easy to understand: A certain number of points each tricks adds (base) X the number of tricks you do (multi).
To make things easier, I made you a picture:
*picture of base and shit*
So, now to the fun part! The first thing you do, before you even start your combo, is get the proper tricks.
The THPS games has many special tricks, which divide into 5 sections:
Special grabs, special flips, special grinds, special lip tricks and special manuals.
In order to get a high score in TA, you do not, and I repeat, do NOT need any special grinds, manuals or lip tricks.
Most people think that 1 or 2 special grinds are essential. Well they aren't.
You must always remember that the more you use a trick, the less points it gives you.
After 5 times, the special trick will give you the minimum points possible.
What do we understand from that? Using your special grind 5 times will end up giving you a score lower than 50-50.
Manuals are useless aswell, because you gotta bounce all the time in a combo.
Lip tricks... Is there a need to explain? Well, for the dummies out there, just know this:
You will never, and I mean never, do lip tricks. All they do is kill your combo, because they slow you down and force you to revert, which slows you down even more.
After we got that covered, we're left with flips and grabs.
Each trick gives a different score, naturally. The only special flips you may use are Handspring Layout and\or 1234.
Why you ask? They add the most points, but HSLO adds the most.
The rest of the tricks you will be using are grabs. That means you have 1 or 2 special flip tricks with 8 or 9 special grabs.
90% of the TA players (like me for example) will exclude 1234 from the special tricks list because a special grab will mostly give you more points.
Now that you know which tricks to choose, I'll teach you how to use them properly.
The main reason you are getting the special flips is for starting base.
What's a starting base, you ask? Well, It's just a way to tell you "pull as much shit as possible in as little time as possible".
A very common starting base would be an 1080 Fastplant+HSLO+HSLO\1234.
That alone gives a score of 52,500x3 or 55,000x3.
You will mostly do it in a half pipe, so you should do a revert and then do another 900 rotation of a special grab you like.
You can also do ANOTHER revert and do a 720 rotation, which is what many people do. The way to do a starting base really changes between levels, players and skill, but the 1 I told you about is the most common.
I will show it in this short video:
[b]*video of starting base*[/b]
So now you now what a starting base is and how to make it the most efficient!
I would also like to tell you the main idea of TA: As less grinds and manuals as possible, and as many 900 rotations as possible.
It sounds hard, but It's really pretty simple: When you manual, BOUNCE!
[b]*video of bouncing*[/b]
As you can see, by jumping fast enough the gamed doesn't calculate your manual as a trick and you can can bounce away to the next half pipe\rail of your choice without losing much balance.
As for grinds, DON'T BOUNCE ON RAILS! You will most likely lose control of your balance and bail your combo.
I personally like to play 251 stop TA, just because I believe that's the most legit way (not using any glitches to maximize my score) and It's much more fun :D
Most of these rules are really important in 251 stop TA, because you want to get as less multi as possible with as much base as possible.
If you have some spare time, watch some TA vids (I recommend Crazy9000's, socrates' and mine) to get the main idea of it.
Now I'll explain some things which will make your life easier:
When you start playing TA, atleast for me, you mostly aim to get 100mil. That sounds alot, right? Well, It's not that much!
In order to get 100mil you will need a score of 400,000x251. That's really not hard, considering the fact that when your starting base is done properly you will have 100kx15 at the worst.
200mil is where it gets really hardcore - your combos will most likely be around 6 minutes long (depends on your line) and will involve a bit of panicing, losing your line, etc.
Don't freak out! Keeping a perfect combo is very hard, and you will most likely fuck it up atleast once... Just bounce away to some spot in the line and keep going from there.
Another tip I could give you, is always remember what tricks you used.
In a 251 stop TA, you will prefer to use as many special tricks as possible, just to get a higher score.
That's a very good thinking, but in some cases It's kind of hard to keep track of which tricks you used and which you didn't.
As for me, I mostly arrange it in my head so I remember which tricks to use first, and that way I can keep track of them.
If you are using AK off, your score will probably increase.
Why? Well, more speed = more airtime = longer time to grab.
But on top of that, more speed = bigger air. I, for example, do a 1260 spin as a starting base in Foundry, and on top of that, I can do many 900 rotation on verts until I lose my speed.
You can see it the most in Canada, where with AK on you can only do a 720 rotation with the basic robot line, where with AK off you can pull a 900, hence it turns it into an actual line to use.
I hope this guide was helpful, and if you have ANY questions, feel free to e-mail, or even better, post your questions in Chapter-3 and you will be able to get many answers from many experienced players.

I should clarify that this is not done AT ALL, I have many other things to cover, I was just thinking it should give a basic idea of this tutorial.