THPS 3 Installation Problems (Skate3.exe problem)

icebears
03-16-2013, 11:46

Wannabe
| Website
Hi.
When me and my brother are trying to install the Xplosiv Copy of THPS 3 (PC) we get an error message saying.

"Skate3.exe could not be opened."

After a while, norton also says that a virus, with the name Skate3.exe was detected. It also says that is a high risk virus etc. This is very weird isn't it?

We have also tried restarting the computer then putting Norton on sleepmode but no luck there either. Maybe someone else have had this error and can help a THPS brother out?

Please, don't suggest an uninstallation of Norton!

Thanks for reading, icebears

If you can't fly, then run, if you can't run, then walk, if you can't walk, then crawl, but whatever you do, you have to keep moving forward!
Quote this message in a reply

icebears
03-16-2013, 11:58

Wannabe
| Website
Oh, now it seems to be fine, we probably fixed it, thanks anyways Tongue

If you can't fly, then run, if you can't run, then walk, if you can't walk, then crawl, but whatever you do, you have to keep moving forward!

shin
03-16-2013, 12:51

old.
| Website
icebears Wrote:Oh, now it seems to be fine, we probably fixed it, thanks anyways Tongue

no problem :mrgreen:

Anyway next time post your problems in "Problems" forum Wink

http://pl.youtube.com/user/prozshin

plum
03-16-2013, 12:56

Tony Himself
| Website
shin Wrote:
icebears Wrote:Oh, now it seems to be fine, we probably fixed it, thanks anyways Tongue

no problem :mrgreen:

Anyway next time post your problems in "Problems" forum Wink
Not really. The "Problems" forum is in "Other" subforum on genrally THPS related forum what means that "Other" is non THPS related subforum. The description says: "Having any trouble with registering etc? Post here.". Nothing about THPS problems in description, rather about problems related to forum software and forum as such.

The size of four children, eh?

I'm sorry I wrote you such a long post. I didn't have time to write a short one.

shin
03-16-2013, 13:11

old.
| Website
yes really.

Ppl always post there thps3 problems. Just look at this forum.

plum
03-16-2013, 15:47

Tony Himself
| Website
shin Wrote:yes really.

It doesn't mean they use correct subforum. I'm not moderator here and neither you are. I never wrote what should anyone do as this is not my business, but I made an exception when I decided to correct you. Next time leave the work for admins and mods and stop acting like a one.

The size of four children, eh?

I'm sorry I wrote you such a long post. I didn't have time to write a short one.

shin
03-16-2013, 17:19

old.
| Website
plum Wrote:
shin Wrote:yes really.

It doesn't mean they use correct subforum. I'm not moderator here and neither you are. I never wrote what should anyone do as this is not my business, but I made an exception when I decided to correct you. Next time leave the work for admins and mods and stop acting like a one.

I don't really get why you attacking me for no reason. Fact is that many times I helped to the mods by posting that they should move some topics. And I will still do it. Lyst is just alone now, because Esk8 doesnt visit c3 and Rey is really rarelly here. Also you should remember that I was an admin here and I know what admin should do and where some things should be posted. I see nothing wrong with posting helpful posts.

Anyway description of Problems is just only description. ETC in that description means that you can post there problems with every problem you have, including thps3 even if it's in other subforum. Ppl from 5 years post there thps3 problems.

Generally we can say both forums are good. But for me "Problems forum" is more corect. Laugh

btw funny thing:

Problems forum says: "Having any trouble with registering etc? Post here."

How to post registration problems if im not registered?Laugh

stof
03-16-2013, 18:03

yall Ain't Shit
| Website
I remember some topic on the eps forum in the problems section. It was about shaving your balls.

shin Wrote:btw funny thing:

Probably you can post in that section without registering?

spammmmmmm

Split
03-16-2013, 18:12

What? 180!?

stof Wrote:I remember some topic on the eps forum in the problems section. It was about shaving your balls.

shin Wrote:btw funny thing:

Probably you can post in that section without registering?
Yes , You can. It even asks you the name that you will use to post something Tongue

Psycho
03-16-2013, 18:14

rockband addict

I'm pretty sure I'm the only who'll get a warning for expressing my opinion to this problem-topic-thingy but whatever, I just feel like saying that I agree with plum, even if most players post their problems in the [other] problem section (even I do mostly) that section is still kind of confusing. Mod problems for example go to mod section (at least imo) / Mod topic, so why shouldn't THPS based problems not go to the THPS section? :roll: