Time or non-time.

shin
04-09-2013, 22:14

old.
| Website
Giel Wrote:I don't think slap is a combo contest. Because players are all over the level (mostly) when they're done comboing. So u have to be creative and think of a line where you have the least chance to bail. That line can be hard to do so your skills have to be to be creative and have a good balance and make sure u don't turn bail etc. I like your idea as well but i think slap can be played in more ways.

ye but you are focused on XTS aspects, and it generally goes with handling combo skills. I know it still need a bit creativity to slap your opponents after time and find good line to use "dead ppl" Laugh but slap for me is something different, and I think we should try to focus about SLAP when we don't make a combo, because this part seems pretty dead and mostly it doesn't matter what happens before XTS.

lyst Wrote:About slap, I think in time slap is quite unfair, especially in larger levels. Because with some bad respawns you're already 2-3 slaps behind.

well, that's a reason why slap shouldn't be played 30secs, and it should be at least 2 mins game. 5 mins would be great imo. I hope we will practice it more and more Wink

lyst Wrote:Perhaps someone could hack this into 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 10 cap, as nobody plays 15 and 20 caps anyway. This could result in interesting new gameplay.

This is a great idea. I hope its possible. Demu, Vadru ?Laugh

Psycho Wrote:By the way, I love your convo. threads, always a great (and informational) fun to talk about stuff with you. :Original
Keep the comments and opinions coming guys! (Y)

Thx. We should make more conversations like this one and try to make this game more interesting. Especially try to change some rules in our games like CTF or slap Wink

http://pl.youtube.com/user/prozshin
Quote this message in a reply

Crazy9000
04-10-2013, 07:10

Wannabe

A hard call I would say. It's the same as putting a 100mill limit on TA, and saying first to 100 wins. At first glance, it may look like someone can't do much over 100 mill and just wants to limit the game so they can compete... but then again getting to 100 mill faster might mean a whole different combo and strategy then going for the long haul.

I say do whatever makes you have fun. Host your own games and make them however you like... if other people have fun there, they will host like that too.

JeZ0
04-10-2013, 07:29

Tony Himself
| Website
Demo Wrote:i guess 1xtc would be fair, like in basketball - the last ball after time is counted Tongue

It depends what you mean by the play after time is counted Laugh

When I was very active on thps3 I found playing XTC in Ctf was good for J4F games.

Until the end of Time

slappy
04-10-2013, 07:44

U WOT M8
| Website
Ok if slap was meant to be played that you stop at 0 wouldnt it be like koth? where you cant move at all? Not saying that i prefer it that way I still prefer the until 0 thing.

John
04-10-2013, 08:28

Three-sixty!

I totally agree with shin, imo there is no sense in doing combo after the time :roll: slap should be played in time and we should stop our combo at 0:00, yesterday we had a slap tour and we stopped at 0, i found it more interesting because not everyone would like to wait so long while Rev is comboing for like 20+ min, you can avoid waiting so long

Lyst
04-10-2013, 08:43

Administrator
| Website
You can also avoid that by slapping him :lol:

Yes, but why is the rum gone?

shin
04-10-2013, 09:10

old.
| Website
slappy Wrote:Ok if slap was meant to be played that you stop at 0 wouldnt it be like koth? where you cant move at all? Not saying that i prefer it that way I still prefer the until 0 thing.

nope. Koth is something different. In koth you have to chase one guy and he tries to avoid you. In slap you just try to hit other players, and they try to do the same. So no one really avoids each other. It's like one big battle. Koth is more like catch a thief Laugh

John Wrote:because not everyone would like to wait so long while Rev is comboing for like 20+ min, you can avoid waiting so long

For me its not about waiting, but mostly about Sense of Slap. It really should look like a battle, not standing and watching how one guy slaps all.

JeZ0
04-10-2013, 09:14

Tony Himself
| Website
Slap leavers is also an issue

Until the end of Time

shin
04-10-2013, 09:16

old.
| Website
JeZ0 Wrote:Slap leavers is also an issue

if you play with XTS, just ban them. Easy Tongue

Lyst
04-10-2013, 09:23

Administrator
| Website
shin Wrote:
slappy Wrote:Ok if slap was meant to be played that you stop at 0 wouldnt it be like koth? where you cant move at all? Not saying that i prefer it that way I still prefer the until 0 thing.

nope. Koth is something different. In koth you have to chase one guy and he tries to avoid you. In slap you just try to hit other players, and they try to do the same. So no one really avoids each other. It's like one big battle. Koth is more like catch a thief Laugh
He means if slap should have been in time, there would be a forced stop like in koth.

Yes, but why is the rum gone?