KOTH with teams

imnofun
09-08-2015, 10:28 (This post was last modified: 09-08-2015 10:52 by imnofun.)

Proskater

Well, I think the easiest way would be to add an option in DefMod to "SetTeamMode 1" Tongue but I guess this is also decoded pretty hard?
It's really that simple to create team games, but hard to do without overwriting another game type. For example, originally the following objects are triggered when "GameModeEquals is_king" > SpawnCrown and SpawnCompass, if you add there SetTeamMode 1 it will add the teams like we know in CZ/CTF. I've tried a lot of things, without editing the .exe there is no sense of creating new game type, but you could duplicate and set is_king 0 and create another entry called "is_kingteams 1" featuring SetTeamMode 1, but the thing is when you start KOTH it triggers both games(1 original with is_king 1 and 1 with is_kingteams 1, so it starts the criteria for both games) and turns on the teams for both games. I've tried adding the SetTeamMode 1 as an "ELSE" exception, but without luck, it seems SetTeamMode 1 wins over SetTeamMode 0
__
FYI, I've also tried the following
Duplicate game mode by keeping mode mode_netking and only changing Checksum from netking to netkings and adding in the following in gameflow:
Quote:IF GameModeChecksumEquals netkings
SetTeamMode 1
SpawnCrown
SpawnCompass
NOTE: In the gameflow there is no "IF GameModeChecksumEquals netking", only IF GameModeEquals is_king (is_king is a criteria, like accumulation of the score)
In netmenu I've create to the game Kings of the Hill, which loads in checksum "netkings"(original King of the Hill has checksum "netking""
Makes sense, right? I don't really remember what the outcome was, but I think it still set teams to both KOTH games or might lost objective

it's narkotic, but with an x.
Quote this message in a reply

imnofun
09-08-2015, 15:50

Proskater

defmod is ofcourse encoded .. tElock 0.96 -> tE!
Def shared a couple of sources, but unfortunately not of it DefMod Sad

imnofun
09-25-2015, 23:59

Proskater

An example of how the 32 fix works:
Quote: FUNCTION sToggleTagLimit
IF SetTagLimit
SetTagLimit 200
ELSE
SetTagLimit 32
END IF
UpdateLevelModSettings
END FUNCTION
An idea is to put a similiar option in the servers' LevelMod menu( SetMenuElementText id = new_menu) to SetTeamMode 1 ELSE 0(+ observ mode and lobby, Vadru created already the last one, but did not release it Sad), but I unfortunatelly don't know where the new_menu is located(most likely not in a .qb, it is rather linked to the .qb files?), Demo?

PS for Pinky, if you want to change the colors of the specials bar and circles in your meters you should be looking in the panel.qb at e.g. VECTOR[320.0; 120.0; 0.0]